Tuesday marked the first day of my second semester as a SLIS student and I must say, I think I’m actually getting the hang of this! Now that I’ve caught my bearings on the new year and new semester here are my 2017 goals:
TWU SLIS Program
- Continue my streak of a 4.0!
- Track all modules, assignments, and other information thoroughly via OneDrive and OneNote.
- Create a thorough checklist and score report for each course throughout the semester.
- Go to UT Austin to carry out a few projects.
- While there make some connections and inquire about their programs, deanship, ICT and more.
- Provide more comments on classmate’s work via the BB discussion boards.
- Create a manual for the association to use for years to come.
- Complete our first webinar series
- Will require to learn the ins-and outs of BB collaborate
- Only allow yourself 30 minutes to an hour to work on GLISA items daily.
- Hopefully this strategy will provide more balance with the amount of GLISA work to be done.
- Allow yourself to have fun!
- This past year has been full of hard work to get the program up and running. Now it’s time to enjoy the hard work!
- Continue to build relationships in the library world!
- Have coffee, enjoy the S2S program, reach out to other Student to Staffers
- Make a kick-ass video diary for the ALA Student to Staff program!
- Gain a better understanding of what it takes to be a University Library Dean by reaching out and interviewing them!
- Stick with the one blog post per month, but aim for one blog post per week!
- Inquire about next steps in the education department.
- 2nd Master’s? Ph.D.? We’ll see!
- Continue goal of home and school organization.
- You did an impeccable job beginning this journey late last year, keep going!
- Do more research on your ADHD and methods to make life just a little easier.
- Mini Goal: Learn how to tell a verbal story effectively!
- Continue with your health journey by improving on consistency.
- Instead of 3 workouts per week aim for 4-6 and add more plant based meals throughout the week.